To be eligible for help from the Turn2us Elizabeth Finn Fund, you must meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- Have less than €5,000 in savings
- Be on a low income
- Have worked in one of our listed professions or have a partner/ex-partner who has done so. In most cases these are positions requiring a degree, some level of responsibility or Further Education and Training Awards Council (FETAC) Level 6 or above. We may also be able to assist those who have run their own business with employed staff or have earned a living from the arts
- Have Irish or British nationality or live in Ireland for at least half of the year.
Please carefully read-the-list-of-qualifying-occupations-(PDF-file-size-240kb) for help from EFF before you apply for help.
Please note: EFF will seek documentary evidence that an applicant has worked within a qualifying occupation.
The Turn2us Elizabeth Finn Fund does not give grants for:
- Business start up or business costs
- Debt repayments
- Items/services which there is a statutory duty to provide
- Legal fees
- Private medical and dental treatment or insurance
- Private school fees
- Prescription glasses
- University fees for first or second full time degree students
How we help
We can award grants that will make a difference to an individual or family’s life.
We may be able to help with grants for:
- Household items
- Disability equipment, aids and adaptations
- House repairs
- Covering the costs of moving to a more affordable home
- Transport, work or care costs
- Covering the costs of education or training where this will assist towards a return to employment.
We know asking for help isn’t easy, so our caseworkers are committed to making you feel as comfortable and supported as possible when you contact us.
Apply online to the Turn2us Elizabeth Finn Fund through our Grants Search
If you are not eligible to apply to the Turn2us Elizabeth Finn Fund, there may be other benevolent funds you could apply to. Visit the Grants Search to find out more.